By Dennis Okechukwu
Former Anambra State governor and presidential aspirant, Peter Obi, has announced that he has successfully scaled through his party’s presidential screening exercise held in Abuja on Monday, May 19.
Obi disclosed that the screening, organised by his party, lasted for more than two and a half hours, during which members of the committee carefully examined his credentials and engaged him on his plans for the country.
According to him, the panel reviewed all relevant documents, including his degree certificates, National Youth Service Corps credentials, and age declarations.
The former presidential candidate also said he responded to questions concerning his vision for a “new Nigeria” and the kind of leadership he believes the country urgently requires at this time.
Following the exercise, Obi said he was cleared by the committee and subsequently received the presidential nomination form which he had earlier paid for.
He commended the screening committee, chaired by former Ebonyi State governor, Sam Egwu, for what he described as a thorough and professional process.
Obi also praised the leadership of the party for sustaining democratic principles and ensuring a credible screening exercise.
Reaffirming his political message, he declared: “A New Nigeria is POssible.”