The Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 has lifted the ban on religious gatherings based on guidelines and protocols.
Chairman of the Committee and Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, made the announcement on Monday during the regular briefing.
Highlights of the briefing include:
* Nationwide curfew remains in place, timing now 10pm—4am.
* Full opening of financial sector – normal working hours
* Restricted opening of places of worship, (regular church & mosque services ONLY), to be based on State Govt protocols.
* Interstate travel remains prohibited except for goods &essential travel
* Gathering of >20 persons remains prohibited;outside of workplaces + religious services
* Aviation Industry requested to start developing protocols for domestic flights to possibly resume from June 21
*Hotels may reopen
* Restaurants outside of hotels must remain closed for eat-in—TAKEOUT ONLY
* Bars, gyms, cinemas, nightclubs, parks closed until further evaluation
* All schools to remain closed until further evaluation
*Offices maintain 2m physical distancing + 75% max capacuty.