23 severely burnt, 2 kids killed in Wednesday’s gas explosion that rocked Aduke street, Ajegunle, Lagos

Two children have been confirmed dead and 23 others severely burnt in a gas explosion that occurred in the Ajegunle area of Lagos, Southwest Nigeria.

The tragic incident occurred at Aduke Street, off Ojo Road, Ajegunle, in Ajeromi/Ifelodun local government area on wednesday after a refill shop exploded following gas leakage.

Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, Dr Femi Oke-Osanyintolu, confirming the unfortunate incident, said: “Upon arrival at the scene of the incident, it was discovered that a gas cylinder store had exploded as a result of gas leakage.”

“Further investigations revealed that the fire was ignited as a result of a call being made by an unidentified resident which escalated to other nearby shops and a bungalow behind the shops.

“Unfortunately, two children (male and female) lost their lives and multiple burn casualties were recorded; a total of Twenty Three (23) in number.”

Comments are closed.